When Temple Micah was young, so were most of its members. Also single. So, not infrequently, love happened and marriage followed. For example, Sid Booth and Elka Fargotstein—perhaps the first Micah couple—met in 1967 while stuffing envelopes for a temple mailing. They married in 1968. Others met at the singles brunches held during the 1970s. But any Micah activity can spur a romance. The Torah Study Group that meets on Shabbat mornings before services has produced at least three marriages so far, Peg Blechman and Paul Shapiro, Jessica Katz and Matt Cutler, and Abi and John Mosheim.
When Sid met Elka
When Jack met Judy
Feb. 13, 2017
When Ed met Shelley
It pays to go to the Micah Auction!
Ed Grossman and Shelley Stanfield
When Peg met Paul
When Joey met Jocelyn
When Abi met John
When Jessica met Matt
- 1972- Lois Siegel (z”l) and Jim Schwartz – met at a Micah singles brunch
- 1972 – Jeanette Lerner and Shelden Wishna – met at a singles brunch
- 1973 – Heather Dubin and Leon Prosky
- 1977 – Ina Friedman and Sam Starobin
- 1979 – Louise Hillson and Herb Werlin